TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

click on any picture in a post for a larger view

Friday, December 20, 2013

Easy Seven

Finally, it was time to slow down.  Slow down life that is, and get in some trails.  I’ve been working practically non-stop (substitute teaching and putting together the brochure cover for the district’s Adult School).  And I finally mailed our out-of-state Christmas packages (to Missouri, Texas, and England).  This morning the boys were off to their last day of school before the long winter break (17 days!), and I had some free time (even after running several errands). 

I was cold.  The trails were muddy.  The skies were blue.  The creeks were full.  And I didn’t fall  in the water once.  Not once.  But I did fall during this easy seven miles.  The story’s stupid really.  I slipped in a cement drainage ditch and slid down smack into the pavement.  In a split second I landed on my rear, my palms slammed to the ground, and then I made impact with my back.  Fortunately, my back was cushioned by the water in my pack.  Funny, I wasn’t even going to wear a pack because I wasn’t sure how many miles I would run.  Anyway, the entire trip was beautiful.  Even the fall (or rather slip). 

Tijeras Creek Trail:

Tijeras Creek Crossing:

Did it without getting my feet wet:

Arroyo Trabuco Trail:

4 comments:

  1. Wish I had rocky creeks to run through like that. I like the trail under the branch pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Tina. I like that branch picture too. It seems like I take that exact same picture every time I run there. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful run Lauren! glad you escaped without injury after that fall. My hydration pack sometimes saves me as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so silly when I fall like that. Gotta love the "pillow" pack. :)

      Delete