TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, December 20, 2013

Easy Seven

Finally, it was time to slow down.  Slow down life that is, and get in some trails.  I’ve been working practically non-stop (substitute teaching and putting together the brochure cover for the district’s Adult School).  And I finally mailed our out-of-state Christmas packages (to Missouri, Texas, and England).  This morning the boys were off to their last day of school before the long winter break (17 days!), and I had some free time (even after running several errands). 

I was cold.  The trails were muddy.  The skies were blue.  The creeks were full.  And I didn’t fall  in the water once.  Not once.  But I did fall during this easy seven miles.  The story’s stupid really.  I slipped in a cement drainage ditch and slid down smack into the pavement.  In a split second I landed on my rear, my palms slammed to the ground, and then I made impact with my back.  Fortunately, my back was cushioned by the water in my pack.  Funny, I wasn’t even going to wear a pack because I wasn’t sure how many miles I would run.  Anyway, the entire trip was beautiful.  Even the fall (or rather slip). 

Tijeras Creek Trail:

Tijeras Creek Crossing:

Did it without getting my feet wet:

Arroyo Trabuco Trail:

4 comments:

  1. Wish I had rocky creeks to run through like that. I like the trail under the branch pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Tina. I like that branch picture too. It seems like I take that exact same picture every time I run there. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful run Lauren! glad you escaped without injury after that fall. My hydration pack sometimes saves me as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so silly when I fall like that. Gotta love the "pillow" pack. :)

      Delete