TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Back-to-Back At Last

Tuesday I made it out to the trails for my first back-to-back run in a long time.  This was not entirely by choice.  With two substitute teaching assignments on the horizon (Wednesday & Thursday), I knew I would not be able to run again until the end of the week.  So, off to the coastal hills I ventured. 

Was it cold?  Well, not freezing.  But it was too dang cold to grasp a water bottle filled with ice water.  (Why do I fill my handheld with icy water during the winter?  I have no clue!):IMG_8639

The skies were beautiful and big:IMG_8640

The hills were rolling and felt good:IMG_8641

And I warmed up good by the time I reached Top of the World (overlooking Laguna Beach, CA):IMG_8645

In Alta Laguna Park stretching the plantar fascia for the downhills on the way back (down hills cause the most trouble for me right now):IMG_8650

Total miles run:  6.5  On the plus, plus, plus side, I was able to run all the way in.  No need to do a walk/run for the last bit.  I worked on my foot the rest of the day, stretching, icing, etc.  This morning though, instead of using the walls to hold myself up as I walked out of our bedroom, I dropped to the floor and crawled out.  Sad smile

4 comments:

  1. Another nice run! I think the two days break might be good for that foot though. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thanks for the advice. Take care as well!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Lauren,

    Nice to run into you out on the trail today. Plantar fasciitis bugging you? I had a long bout of that. Stretching, stretching, and more stretching helped me plus getting custom orthotics. I lie on my back with my legs pointed straight up and pull my toes toward my face for thirty seconds then readjust and grab the balls of my feet and pull toward my face for another 30 seconds. Very little pain lately.

    Take care,

    Hikin' Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great pleasure meeting you Hikin' Jim. I can't believe it took me this long to respond to your comment. But I did respond to your advice right away. Stretching, stretching, stretching is doing me good. Thanks.

      Delete