TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Series of Events

After dreaming I was attacked by a tiger, a series of short events (I overslept) lead to not getting out the door for planned trail runs (yes runs).  Needless to say, my mood was somber.  You see, if I don’t get it in the early morning, it’s tough for me to fit in a run, especially a trail run (because they take longer).  Hubby starts work late morning, and I need to be home in time to watch our boys. 

Hubby assured me that he’d make time for me to run later.  And at an agreed upon time I left the home and hit the trails at about 3:15 PM.  The weather was quite warm, but oh so bearable.  I loved it.  I felt strong and joyful as I ran my short(ish) out-and-back up and down rolling hills to the Top of the World, where I overlooked the Pacific Ocean.  Although I missed out this morning, those series of events lead to a glorious run.  Series of events often do that!  In love

Hittin’ the dirt – I’m Ready!SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Centipede crossing West RidgeSANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Follow me . . .

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Top of the World (view of Pacific Ocean, barely)SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Top of the World (view inland)SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Running up Park Avenue Nature Trail toward West RidgeSANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Not a zombie!SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Whoa!  I’d better slow down (Cholla Trail)SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

View of Wood Canyon while running down Cholla TrailSANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Sweet after-run treat (apples from my father’s tree)SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

6.37 miles run (10.25 km)

Elevation Profile:My Activities out and back to top of world 8-20-2011, Elevation - Distance

2 comments:

  1. It is strange how sometimes random series of events shape our lives.. those apple look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Kate. The apples are delicious. They're called "Hollywood" apples. I had never heard of them before. Now I have a fridge full of them.

    ReplyDelete